Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Amministrazione Aperta - savannah.g

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Amministrazione Aperta - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:05:03 +0100

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 07:28:15AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Giuliano Beccaria <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Amministrazione Aperta
> System name: pa-aperta
> Type: GNU

> The project name is \"Amministrazione Aperta\" and it\'s an attemp to create
> an Open Source framework for the Italian Public Administration, btw Italian
> PA is very burocratic eg. to marry someone you need a long list of
> certificate about 10!!
> On the Italian market actually there are only 2 competitors booth closed
> source.
> We would like to give a GPL answer to this situation.
> Our software will use, possibly, PosgreSQL like database and PHP for the
> intranet and extranet back-end, all the informations will be exportable in
> XML format.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.
We are careful about ethical issues and insist on
producing software that is not dependent on proprietary
software.

While Open Source as defined by it's founders means
Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.
For more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

I have approved your project.  You should have received a mail
containing instructions.  I have set your project to non-gnu.  You are
free to ask the GNU project to add your project but I advise you to do
this when you have a bit of source code to show.

Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden
http://www.webworm.org ; http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who
understand binary, and those who don't