[Savannah-hackers] [ 101505 ] ssh not used by cvs

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101505 ] ssh not used by cvs
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:59:30 -0500

Support Request #101505, was updated on 2002-Nov-08 02:59
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101505&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: axiom1
Date: 2002-Nov-08 02:59
Logged In: YES
user_id=12416
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529

If I use anonymous I can do a cvs checkout of Axiom.
However, if I create a userid and upload an ssh key
then try to to a cvs checkout with my new userid
(after waiting a few hours for the key to update)
I get a prompt for my savannah password not my
ssh key. My savannah account password is not accepted.

I have a few people who are beginning to get educated
as developers. I can't give them write access until
I'm sure they know how to cooperate using CVS. Each
of them got userids on savannah. They cannot do the
cvs checkout. I can. The difference is that I'm listed
as a developer.

I'm puzzled by this. Is it true that these users will
need write access in order to checkout but the anonymous
user doesn't need it?

Or did I miss something?

Tim Daly
address@hidden (axiom)