[Savannah-hackers] Re: Functionals Library for Java

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Functionals Library for Java
Date: 11 Nov 2002 20:33:39 +0100

"Douglas Michael Auclair" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Monsieur,
>
> Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand your request.  I chose
> LGPL and all the files do indeed have the LGPL prelude disclaimer on
> them, n'est-ce pas?  As per the licenses page, I have also included
> the LGPL in full as lgpl.txt as part of the distro.  Also, I did
> indicate on my submission that these files were vanilla Java that
> should compile on free-software compilers.
>
> What, besides the two things I indicated above, do you need so that I
> may start the project?
>
> By the way, I wish here to thank the FSF for hosting Savanna and for
> creating and sharing all the fine software available via your web-site.
>
> Please see specific answers and questions below.
>
> >From: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
> >In order to release your project under the GPL you
> >should write copyright notices and copying permission
> >statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
> >include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
> >(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt copy it, for
> >instance, into a file named COPYING).
>
> Hm, as I indicated on my submission, this is an LGPL, not GPL project.
> I have put the LGPL prelude on each file and have included lgpl.txt in
> the distro.
>

> >Please follow the advice of
> >http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
>
> Done.
>

> >The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
> >thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
> >why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
> >every copy of the program:
> >  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude
>
> Done.
>

> >Also,
> >The key question here is to figure out if your project
> >can run on a Free Software Java suite
> >(see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
> >information). Could you give us some explanation about
> >this point?
>
> These Java classes are vanilla java using nothing more than anonymous
> inner classes.  This will be no problem for a free-software java
> compiler.
>

> >Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
> >You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
> >the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
> >you received  at submission
>
> As I've already met all the requirements of this email, do I need to
> resubmit the project with no changes?

I've  just find out that your license plain text copy was really in
your tarball, but I expected to find a COPYING file.
Accept my apologizes.
~/tmp$ ls
README                              lgpl.txt
favele-0.7.2/                       services/
favele-0.7.2.tar.gz                 services.tar.gz
functionals.jar                     src/
functionals.tar.gz                  webpublish-0.1.0/
gnome-chemistry-utils-0.1.0/        webpublish-0.1.0.tar.gz
gnome-chemistry-utils-0.1.0.tar.gz

The fact that you met all the requirements was not obvious too me. Now
it is.

Unfortunately, you'll have to resubmit your project, since we do not
keep informations of discarded projects.