Re: [Savannah-hackers] Request for advice!

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Request for advice!
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:39:13 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:55:23AM +0200, Athanassiou Thasos - atmk wrote:
> I am about to launch a project regarding the idea of *free curriculum*
> and *free textbooks* for Mathematics in Cyprus secondary education that
> will consist of analytical modularized components + quality textbooks
> containing related theory, examples, figures, exercises, etc. I'm
> considering using *TeX/LateX* for text/math and *Metapost* for
> diagrams/graphs/figures.

Can we now accept such projects?  If so I think we should make a new
group: education or perhaps free-education?

And can these projects be part of the GNU project?

On the other hand I would like to point out the following.  Such
projects will use a lot of disk space if every course put's Postscript
files online...  Also with e.g. eps files...

What do you think?

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden