[Savannah-hackers] Request for advice!

From: Athanassiou Thasos - atmk
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Request for advice!
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:55:23 +0200

--

I am about to launch a project regarding the idea of *free curriculum*
and *free textbooks* for Mathematics in Cyprus secondary education that
will consist of analytical modularized components + quality textbooks
containing related theory, examples, figures, exercises, etc. I'm
considering using *TeX/LateX* for text/math and *Metapost* for
diagrams/graphs/figures.

It will be a *free education non-profit project* (first of its kind in
Cyprus education field afaik), with the aims to help (less advantaged)
students and promote *freedom in education in the GNU spirit*. It will
definetly use the *gnu-fdl* (free documentation licence).

I have been registed as a user/developer on savannah.gnu.org in order
to host it there, but i noticed that at the moment you only permit
"software projects and documentation". Is that true? I would be grateful
if you clarify to me wether the project i've described can have a place
on savvannah.

Thank you for your valued help!

ps: it would be an *honour* to have the project on savannah.
    As a second alternative i consider sourceforge.net but been
    a supporter of the *free software movement* and not opensource
    one, i wonder if i can trust them and their legal stuff
    (changing all the time ...). If your answer is negative can
    you please suggest a better place to host my project?

--
"He who gives up *freedom*
 for *ease of use* loses