[Savannah-hackers] submission of H�g�monie - savannah.gnu.org

From: damien
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Hégémonie - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:29:43 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Damien Genet <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Hégémonie
System name: hegemonie
Type: GNU

Hégémonie will be a free game under the GPL.

The following text is an extract of an email sent to rms, november 4th,
describing the project both from the gameplay, technical and human point of
view :
\"\"\"
The gameplay will be somewhere between Xpilot and Mario Kart, but with boats,
in a tropical landscape. The graphism will be in 3D, and the game network
oriented.
The goal will be to have a game both accesible for the novice, and a challenge
for the experienced gamer, and this even when they are playing together (or
against ;).

Technically we are still studiing on wether using plain C or Objective-C as the
main langage. All the configuration files (like maps, types of boats, types of
bonus, ...) will be in GUILE for extensibility and simplicity, and this will
also be the case of a part of the UI.

The first prototypes should be available in about 2 months, and the first
playble alpha version in about half a year.

We are currently 9 programmers, 2 3D graphists, and 1 musician. Among them 4
persons are also \"conventionnal\" graphists (2d, webdesign ...).
Finally, i can add, that we are all students in CS, or in graphism.

Our main goal is to produce a program of quality (and so we will respect all
the GNU standards), and with an interresting and funy gameplay.
\"\"\"

And the magical sentence :
It does not exist yet but we are working on it.

Other Software Required:
OpenGL
SDL
Guile