Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FRINGE - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FRINGE - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:01:56 +0100

Please reply with a CC to address@hidden if
you have any questions about your registration.

address@hidden wrote:
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Ricardo Gladwell <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl

Is your project a documentation project? The FDL is only for documentation... Please give a brief technical explanation about the project (half a page will do).

Other License: Package: FRINGE
System name: fringe
Type: GNU

FRINGE (FRee INtegrated Game Engine) is a generic, pen-and-paper  roleplaying
system that uses a single, flexible task resolution mechanic. Whilst the basic
system is very simple, the rules can be built upon to create increasingly
complex systems to handle things like combat or magic. FRINGE supports an
action-based, heroic style of play with the emphasis on speed of play,
character interraction and story. It is not suited to all kinds of settings or
styles of play.

Future supplements will concentrate on additional complications and rules for
specific genres, and even complete settings, such as the forthcoming Fantasy
FRINGE, Sci-Fi FRINGE and Superhero FRINGE publications.

For more information see the FRINGE web site:

http://www.freeroleplay.org/fringe/

Other Software Required:
Requires use of various word porcessors, including AbiWord and Lyx.

Other Comments:
The main contact for this project is Ricardo Gladwell. I\'ve already started a
similar project (FORGE) but due to similar, prior work produced under this name
we are changing the name of our own project.

Will you continue to use the FORGE project? If not wouldn't it be easier that we change the name from forge to fringe.

Also the forge project is under the GPL.

If you don't want the name change, please resubmit your project (with the correct license).

In order to release your project under the GPL/FDL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL/FDL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt copy it, for instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Greetings,

--