[Savannah-hackers] Re: Abandoned project (gSatellite).

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Abandoned project (gSatellite).
Date: 10 Dec 2002 12:04:34 +0100

"Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 09:58:27AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > The better choice is to let it remaining available.
> >
> > Sure, since Audiogalaxy is closed, it is no longer of any use with
> > Audiogalaxy, but maybe one day someone will find gSatellite
> > interesting for a particular purpose and will be happy to find it's
> > source code.
> >
> > So you should let it, with a description explaining the fact that this
> > project is over now.
>
> That's our advice; but of course you have the last call since your the project
> administrator. If you really want us to delete it, let us know and we will do
> it for you (you cannot do it by yourself).

I personally disagree with this approach. Since a software is free, I
can, personally, redistribute it to people that find it
interesting. And so, savannah account shouldnt be remove in that way,
only the author should be remove from the project members list.

If the account is closed because the project is hosted somewhere else,
no problem, that's fine. But if it's closed definitively, it can be a
loss for the free software community and we should avoid it.