Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of gedify GEDCOM 6 XML to GEDCOM 5 converte - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:54:09 +0000

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:28:24PM +0100, mathieu wrote:
> > Nope. That is what I mean; I do not have a convenient
> > snail mail address to use.
>
> I do not think it's a problem.
>
> Did you get this from line 264 of the GPL?
>
>   264  Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and
>   paper mail.
>
> I personally forgot this several times, and for several project I know
> thoses information are outdated (for instance, some code of my own
> brother show his old address - he moved to a new flat a almost year
> ago).
>
> So if you cannot, don't.
>
> Loic and Jaime, do you agree with that?
I agree.

 "It is very important for practical reasons to include contact information
 for how to reach you, perhaps in the README file, but this has nothing to do
 with the legal issues of applying the license."
 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html)

It is not a requirement from the license but it would be important that people
can reach you somehow. An e-mail address seems good enough to serve that
practical purpose if you do not have a permanent snail-mail address.

Jaime