[Savannah-hackers] Re: 2 questions

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: 2 questions
Date: 05 Mar 2003 20:40:58 +0100

"Eric NICOLAS" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> >Messsage du 05/03/2003 10:43
> >De : Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
> >A : Eric NICOLAS <address@hidden>
> >Copie à :  <address@hidden>
> >Objet : Re: 2 questions
> >
> > "Eric NICOLAS" <address@hidden> said:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am the project owner for 'sword'.
> > >
> > > I noticed that in the 'Files' section of my project, I cannot download
> > > the .zip files that I uploaded. However I can download the .tgz and .txt
> > > files, so I don't assume it is a permissioning problem. Is there some
> > > kind of filter that prevents .zip files to be downloaded ? How can I
> > > solve this ?
> >
> > Not that we know about. What is file mode?
>
> I am at work right now, and as we have paranoid firewalls, I cannot log in
> via SSH to check the file modes. However, I doubt that this is the problem. I
> upload all the files at once using a "SCP -r" so the .tgz and the .zip files
> should have the same modes, right ? However, in the end, I can download the
> .tgz but not the .zip.

[/upload/sword/Beta.pkg/0.0.7]# stat sword_0_0_7.*
  File: "sword_0_0_7.tgz"
  Size: 168993          Blocks: 344        IO Block: 4096   Regular File
Device: 302h/770d       Inode: 276370      Links: 1
Access: (0664/-rw-rw-r--)  Uid: (62886/enicolas)   Gid: (65534/ nogroup)
Access: Wed Mar  5 11:20:16 2003
Modify: Wed Mar  5 01:49:57 2003
Change: Wed Mar  5 01:49:57 2003

  File: "sword_0_0_7.zip"
  Size: 337206          Blocks: 672        IO Block: 4096   Regular File
Device: 302h/770d       Inode: 276375      Links: 1
Access: (0700/-rwx------)  Uid: (62886/enicolas)   Gid: (65534/ nogroup)
Access: Wed Mar  5 01:49:58 2003
Modify: Wed Mar  5 01:50:24 2003
Change: Wed Mar  5 01:50:24 2003

[/upload/sword/Beta.pkg/0.0.7]# chmod 664 sword_0_0_7.zip
[/upload/sword/Beta.pkg/0.0.7]#

It should be ok now.

> > > Secondly, I am using the SSH auth ok, but It seemed that I had
> > > to put a password in my key when I created it for the access to
> > > work. Is this normal ? Can I use a "no password" key for
> > > accessing CVS on Savannah ?
> >
> > I'm not sure but I think you cannot. I would be too easy to usurp your
> > rights without a passphrase.
>
> ? In order to usurp my identity one would have to guess my private SSH key
> from the public SSH key on the savannah servers, which is very, very
> difficult (if not impossible), no ? So I still don't see the point in having
> the passphrase on top of it.

In fact, the problem is the fact that if someone get access to your ~/
on your computer, he will be able to do bad things on Savannah too.