Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Snort Intrusion Detection Syste

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Snort Intrusion Detection System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:17:33 +0000

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:53:18PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Hi Richard, Loic and Jaime,
>
> Chris Green submitted a project on Savannah, but apparently only to get
> Savannah as a CVS mirror (see below).
>
> It's, as far I remember, the first time we have this kind of request.
>
> Personally, I think that Savannah is development platform and
> shouldn't be considered as a cheap mirror.
> Loic, Jaime, do you agree or, a contrario, think that the Savannah
> mission should include mirroring?

Hi,
They do not want to use Savannah simply as a mirror. They have requested to
have the CVS server outside of Savannah but I assume that other services such
as bug tracking, support manager, news system, mailing lists and so on will be
actively used.  I think we should accept that projects use a CVS server
different from subversions. This would imply some changes in our current
interface but I think those changes will be worth considering it; in the
future we decide to split subversions CVS server, allowing each project to
choose the server that has a better connectivity for them.

Cheers,
Jaime