[Savannah-hackers] Re: Request for account

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Request for account
Date: 17 Apr 2003 21:30:27 +0200

"Lisa M. Opus Goldstein" <address@hidden> said:

> Dear Mathieu,
>
> Thank you for your time in writing such a detailed answer.  But i am
> confused and have a few more questions.
>
> If I want to set someone up as an "admin" in a project, so that they
> can check out, modify, and return the modified project files, don't
> they need to have a user name/account unique to the Savannah system?
> If not, what method do they use to log in to the Savannah system?  For
> instance, I log in as "opus" on Savannah.  Is that a unique account,
> or does it somehow refer to my fencepost account?

Each user require a savannah account, you are right.

But this account should be created  by the user himself, via this form
https://savannah.nongnu.org/account/register.php

After that, a project admin can add a user to his project.
The user will get write access on the CVS, website, download area for
the project.

The project admin can even set the user as project admin too. He will
be able to admin. this project too.

So:
        - yes the user need an account, a savannah account that he
        should create himself
        - after, you'll have to add him to a project for which you are
        admin
        For instance, if you want him to work on gnupress, you should
        go, logged in, at
        https://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/userperms.php?group=gnupress
        - if you want him to be admin on this project (not required to
        work on the project), you can set him as admin on the same
        page.

Better?