[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: Software under GPL v2 only o

From: Frederic Couchet
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: Software under GPL v2 only on fsf site]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:52:49 +0200

    Mathieu> The most common issue is in fact people that have nothing at all
    Mathieu> against "GPL v2 and later" but have "GPL v2" in their package
because
    Mathieu> they didn't think about it previously. This issue is harmless -
fixed
    Mathieu> before approval.

There is some people that don't agree with "GPL v2 and later". They
want release their software under the "GPL v2 only" license.

Ok, in the select box people can select "GPL v2" but they can select
"Other License". If they choose "Other License" savannah-hackers will
review this request on a case-by-case basis. But, in the facts, the
"GPL v2" will be always refused. So, I think it would be useful to
update the registration informations.

    Mathieu> But I ignore the origin of the debate: which "software that is
hosted on
    Mathieu> Savannah" it is about? Is there a program in GPL v2 only on
Savannah
    Mathieu> we do not know about?

The software is "DTD->C parser generator". See
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2002-02/msg00724.html

Fred.
--
Petition contre les brevets logiciels      http://petition.eurolinux.org/