[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: Software under GPL v2 only o

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: Software under GPL v2 only on fsf site]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:43:27 -0400

    There is some people that don't agree with "GPL v2 and later". They
    want release their software under the "GPL v2 only" license.

I think Mathieu's point is that it the present design is effective
social engineering.  He says that most of the people who initially
want to say "GPL v2 only", when they read our present page, will talk
with the Savannah team and eventually agree to "GPL v2 and later".

If, on the other hand, we change the page to we say that "GPL v2 only
is not allowed", these same people might just go away, and release
under "GPL v2 only" terms somewhere else.

Mathieu may be right, and if he is right, we should be careful
not to spoil our successful system.