[Savannah-hackers] Timing out

From: Pat Haugen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Timing out
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:41:55 -0600

I'm just starting out on work to help improve gcc performance on the
PowerPC architecture so I guess you can consider this a "newbie" question.
I'm trying to follow the instructions for getting a copy of GCC from the
CVS repository and every time I issue the 'cvs login' command I get an
error message back after a while that the command failed "Connection timed
out".  Is the server really busy? I hit this last Friday afternoon (several
attempts) and again this morning (several attempts).  If it is really busy,
is this common?  Are there other places I can get at GCC (I'm interested in
the tree-ssa branch if that makes any difference).

Thanks,
Pat