Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re-register all new projects?

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re-register all new projects?
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:06:11 -0400

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 04:08:10PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Rudy suggested that, when Savannah was capable of starting
> new projects again, it would be a good idea to ask everyone
> who wanted a new project to register it again.
>
> Now Savannah can once again accept new projects.  Would you
> rather ask people to re-register, or would you rather operate
> on the old registrations?  We can do it whichever way you
> find easiest.

Another way to handle is: mail everyone who has a project in the
        queue, and ask them to send a mail to address@hidden if
        they want there project on savannah.  If they don't, let them
        mail to address@hidden  Whe then serve people who mail to
        x1 on a fifo basis.  After a couple of weeks we clear all
        projects who haven't answered.

I would prefere to clear everything as this will be the easiest for
all projects.

When a project gets submitted, we supply an url so they can reregister
easily.  We should be able to retrieve that url so they can reregister
very easy.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org