Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS server problem

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS server problem
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:39:43 +0200

CVS is using SSH to connect to Savannah.

tcp        0      1 mklab.ph.rhul.ac.u:1023 savannah.gnu.org:shell
shows you are using rsh instead (I have savannah.gnu.org:ssh instead).

Try:
export CVS_RSH=ssh
before to type the cvs command, and it should work.

--
Sylvain

On 2004.05.05 21:13, Tom Crane wrote:
> The service seems to be working now, I do not know why it was not
> working for you today.

Hi,
        I'm still having no luck.  Just now, I tried;

cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

and eventually got;

savannah.gnu.org: Connection timed out
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
messages if any)

after the best part of a minute. Around the same time I also tried;

lynx http://savannah.gnu.org

which succeeded. Here is the O/P from 'netstat -t' taken 20 or so
seconds
after issuing the cvs command;

Active Internet connections (w/o servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
State
tcp        0      0 mklab.ph.rh:netbios-ssn phpc223.rhul.ac.uk:1026
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 mklab.ph.rhul.ac.:45249 savannah.gnu.org:http
ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      1 mklab.ph.rhul.ac.u:1023 savannah.gnu.org:shell
SYN_SENT
tcp        0      1 mklab.ph.rhul.ac.:45245 216.239.51.104:http
FIN_WAIT1

I need some stuff from savannah to build g95 which I need for a
project I
am working on and I'm beginning to get worried.  I suppose that it is
*possible* the campus netadmins have firewalled the shell port but
this
seems unlikely over the bank holiday weekend.  Could you check again
please?

Thanks
Tom.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham
Hill,

--
Sylvain