Re: [Savannah-hackers] Time for a news item?

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Time for a news item?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:54:02 -0400

> I'm thinking it's about time we post a news item to let our users know
> what's going on, what still needs to be done, etc

Absolutely, in my opinion, there seems to be a general frustration
shared by users who are awaiting new project approvals.  This can
clearly be seen in the savannah-hackers mailing list, in respect to
the number of emails received inquiring about the status of new
projects.  I feel a new news post would help reassure users that their
new project applications are fine and will be evaluated sometime
within the future.  It would also help ease the waiting, since folks
like to know what's going on.

> Any ideas?

How about posting about the current status of Savannah, basically
reiterating what was said in the previous news post except with maybe
a tad more detail, and perhaps posting about the benefits that will be
gained after the work is complete.

--
Michael