Re: [Savannah-hackers] Time for a news item?

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Time for a news item?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:13:42 +0100

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:54:02 -0400, Michael J. Flickinger
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'm thinking it's about time we post a news item to let our users know
> > what's going on, what still needs to be done, etc
>
> Absolutely, in my opinion, there seems to be a general frustration
> shared by users who are awaiting new project approvals.  This can
> clearly be seen in the savannah-hackers mailing list, in respect to
> the number of emails received inquiring about the status of new
> projects.  I feel a new news post would help reassure users that their
> new project applications are fine and will be evaluated sometime
> within the future.  It would also help ease the waiting, since folks
> like to know what's going on.

Exactimo.  I find it frustrating having to reply and telling them that
their project is stil pending, etc, etc..

> > Any ideas?
>
> How about posting about the current status of Savannah, basically
> reiterating what was said in the previous news post except with maybe
> a tad more detail, and perhaps posting about the benefits that will be
> gained after the work is complete.

OK, before we do this I think we all need to discuss what's doing to
happen in the next couple of months and plan what exactly we will do,
when it will be done and stuff like that.  When we have a rock solid
plan (which I'm hoping won't take longer than a few days to straighten
out) then we post a news item, and get down to work.

How does that sound?

> --
> Michael

Off-topic, but I'm loving the way I can read a whole thread in one
window with *mail..  this is really cool 8)

--
Elfyn