[Savannah-hackers] Re: Clarification on removing projects

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Clarification on removing projects
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:14:11 -0400

     For a GNU project, it is delicate to remove all since the
    account needed to update www.gnu.org pages and @gnu.org mailing-lists,
    that GNU maintainers should primarily use. But since RMS agrees, fine.

Please ask me for confirmation before removing any GNU package on
Savannah.

As for non-GNU packages, if the developers want to remove them,
please do so.

*Always* make sure we keep a permanent copy of all the data in the
project, before you delete it.  Talk with Paul to work out how to do
make sure of this.

    For example, say project `foo' has moved bar.org, should I just delete the
    project via the front-end or should I also remove the it's CVS repository,
    webcvs repository, download area, any existing mailing lists, etc?

In general, once you are deleting a project, you should ask the
developers how they want you to handle these things, and do what they
want.  For instance, they might want you to forward the mailing lists.