[Savannah-hackers] [support #103147] please remove projects echolot and

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103147] please remove projects echolot and cabot
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:21:54 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103147] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 07/15/2004 at 17:18 (Europe/London)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

[support #103147] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Peter Palfrader
On: Tue 06/22/2004 at 17:11

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Please remove the two projects echolot and cabot.  They
have
moved to alioth.d.o and are now available at
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/echolot/ and
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/cabot/

Thank you for providing a home to these.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 07/02/2004 at 09:33       By: beu
Apologies for the delay.  I have deactivated all features but the project
homepages and changed the project information to note that the projects have
moved to Alioth.  The CVS repositories will be removed from the system shortly.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 19:48       By: weasel
Repositories are linked from http://www.palfrader.org/echolot/ and
http://www.palfrader.org/cabot/, which are linked from the respective alioth
project sites.

Closing the projects is fine, I'ld just like to avoid users still using the old
cvs repositories and thinking they are keeping their software up-to-date.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 18:55       By: Beuc
Our policy is to accept deleting projects that are hosted somewhere else, to
avoid confusion.

However, I do not see links to the CVS or to distribution files at the new URL,
so we should wait until the project is publicly available again before to
delete the projects.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 16:36       By: beu
Instead of removing them perhaps it would be a good idea to "close" the
projects so that users can still find them?  This way you could tell your users
that the projects have moved to alioth, instead of them getting a 404.

Would you like to do that instead?  If not, let me know and I will remove them.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103147>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/