Re: [Savannah-hackers] Fw: submission of Games Based Linux Distro - sava

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Fw: submission of Games Based Linux Distro - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:30:44 +0200

Games Based Linux Distro (www.gbld.net) This project a brand new
linux distribution to run off a LiveCD.  The objective is to get a
ISO image that people can download and have a portable Linux gaming
system anywhere on the go.  It will start off with simple games, but
as we move on, we will be building our own games and software.
Currently, we are working on building the LiveCD with a Gentoo linux
base.  We are using Catalyst to build the iso images and to create
the compressed filesystem so that we can include more software.  As
of right now we have no releases out.  This is mainly because we
have no storage area to place our iso images.  Our for this project
are to get from the standard x86 computers and into several gaming
machines such as the Playstation 2 and the XBox.  We are going to
get a very stable and clean version for the PC, and then we will
work towards the future by designing the software for new
architectures.

We cannot host distributions at Savannah.

However, you are welcome to submit any stand-alone part of it as a separate project.

Sylvain