Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SLOCCount - savannah.nongnu.org

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SLOCCount - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 23:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

> > Most of my "permission-to-copy" statements are simply
> > a reference to the license, like this:
> >    (C) Copyright 2000 David A. Wheeler
> >    Covered by the GNU GPL, version 2.
> > I take it you want the longish text from the GPL
> > in every file?
>
> Yes.

Oy.  I presume there's some legal reason for that, right?
(I'm not a lawyer).  What's the rationale?

> You wrote that during registration, not me. :)

Ooops.  I sent in the request so long ago I'd forgotten.

> BTW, thank you for flawfinder!  It has helped me in many ways over the
> last year, for which I am truly greatful! :)

You're really welcome! I'm delighted!

In fact, can I quote you on that? I should add some more testimonials
to the flawfinder website.

--- David A. Wheeler <address@hidden>