Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of CHM decompiler - savannah.nongnu.or

From: pabs
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of CHM decompiler - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:41:39 +0800

Hi,

Grrrr, my email forwarder doesn't seem to be working. Sorry for starting
a new thread, can't seem to get evolution launched from the list
archives in firefox/epiphany on this machine.

> I reviewed the chmdeco-0.3-src.tar.gz tarball, you have the Copyright
> and License notices missing in some files, keeping in mind that any
> file with more than ten lines long should carry on a Copyright and
> License notices, consider to fix this.

Fixed. I didn't put any in the debian/* files, cause they are all small.

> You have a file called 'BSD' that contain the BSD, as you choice the
> GNU GPL as the license for your project, consider to drop this files
> to avoid confusions. Replace it for a 'COPYING' file with a verbatim
> copy of the GNU GPL that you can get here:

The BSD file is the licence for another program, which is distributed
along with chmdeco in the Win32 binary distribution (see the LICENCE
file). I have a COPYING file, containing the verbatim GPL2. I guess I
should probably not distribute the BSD file in the source, but copy it
from somewhere else during the build process on Windows (like I do for
the exe itself)?

> If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
> us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
> will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

More copyright notices added:
http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/hhm/chmdeco-0.3.1.tar.gz

--
Bye,