Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only

From: Alex Muntada
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] arabic project should be GNU web-only
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 02:03:16 +0100

* Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:
  [2004-12-21 17:42:04 +0100]

> Subject: [gnu.org #211821] Re: [Savannah-hackers] TarGNUm project webpage
> From: "Derek Chen-Becker via RT" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:16:54 -0400
>
> > address@hidden - Tue Oct 05 14:15:16 2004]:
> >
> > GNU Webmasters,
> >
> > Could you tell us what is the layout for translation projects?
> >

> OK, I discussed this on the list and we've come to the decision that
> translation projects should reside on Savannah as their own projects. If
> a translation team has a project page on Savannah, the webmasters should
> be notified so that we can update the translation README page with links.

This refers to the following discussion:
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/private/www-discuss/2004/002656.html

But, no decision on nongnu.org was made. The decision only refers
to host translation teams' pages on savannah.

My question on the arabic project to webmasters didn't get any
successful replies, i.e. nobody remembers having decided that
translation teams should go to nongnu.org. Luckily enough, a
new persian project was submitted and Karl resent that question
to webmasters:

http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/private/www-discuss/2004/002985.html

This time, it was felt that nobody knows for sure (sigh!) but
that those projects should probably be GNU web-only.

Since it seems that webmasters haven't any arguments against
GNU web-only projects, I'd prefer to see both arabic and persian
project under savannah.gnu.org. Note that, even though the arabic
project could have a broader interest, its main purpose is
translation (they won't be able to maintain /software translated
pages without the project maintainer, anyway). So, it's ok to
mark them GNU web-only.

For future requests on GNU web-only projects, please contact
<address@hidden> (we'll verify that there's no overlap
and then you could create the project).

Thanks!

- --