Re: [Savannah-help-public] coreutils is moving to distributed version co

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] coreutils is moving to distributed version control
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:21:25 +0200

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> You should be able to use:
> cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/sources/coreutils/main.git
> Currently you have a single repository with git-shell &
> git-daemon access.

Wow.  Thank you.  You're a little too quick for me.
I haven't made the leap yet, but I have heard that there
tailor now supports mirroring *from* git and hg to other VC tools --
now, the table at http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor reflects
this recent change.

How do I upload the initial .git repository (it's 73MB, with all
old deltas and history) via the server?
With the test repositories I've created locally, I've just
copied it into place.