[Savannah-help-public] Mis-posting to gnuspeech mail list

From: David Hill
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Mis-posting to gnuspeech mail list
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:33:15 -0800

Dear Savannah Hackers,

There is an ongoing problem with one of our posters to the gnuspeech mail archive and I do not seem to have any means to resolve the problem.

Basically, Vikas Shivpuriya of the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center posted an email to the list with all his personal contact details on June 17th 2007 and I accepted it, so it was distributed on June 19th.  Some time later he has started asking me to remove this personal information because a number of other sites are picking it up and republishing it.

I attach a copy of the email I have just sent to him on the matter.  I think it is self-explanatory and puts you in the picture.  I have made it clear that we have nothing to do with the other lists he mentions, but it will obviously be an ongoing problem if the information remains on the gnuspeech mail archive as anyone can pick up the same information from the archive.

I would be most grateful if you could remove his personal details (address, phone numbers & email address)  from the original posting to the gnuspeech list (June 17 2007).

Please let me know what can be/has been done.

Many thanks.

david
--------
David Hill, Prof. Emeritus,