[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106105] Problems with cvs commit

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106105] Problems with cvs commit
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:32:45 +0000

> Hmm, for tarballs, don't you want to use the download area?
> (possibly the Savannah one, which can be managed by SFTP, unlike
> ftp.gnu.org).

Maybe the Savannah one, of which I was not aware.  I know there's a download
area for each of my projects, but I didn't know this was different from the
CVS repository or ftp.gnu.org.   Frankly, I've never worried about it too
much.

I certainly don't want to use ftp.gnu.org for the snapshots, because these
are what I've been calling my "development versions".  Everytime I work on the
package, I make a snapshot.  An official release or even an alpha isn't
possible at present.

This isn't really urgent, since I also use the ftp server at the computer
center in the town where I live.

> In particular, 3DLDFsnp.tar.gz,v alone has a size of 1.5GB...

Okay.  Would you like to remove it from CVS?  Please wait until I have a
chance to update my webpages, README, etc., before you do, though.  If so,
I'll try to do this within the next couple of days.  (But see below.)

"It certainly doesn't pay to calculate a diff. Have you considered
implementing a way of turning this off, perhaps sometime in the future? I seem
to remember this being discussed elsewhere before."

> You mean disabling diffs? CVS doesn't do diffs on binary files.

According to the CVS web interface, there are diffs.  I don't think I've ever
tried this before, but just now it told me:
"- Binary file revisions differ -"  Whatever, it doesn't matter.

Ideally, I would like people to have access to the old snapshots, but it's
not a big deal.

Please tell me what you'd like me to do.

Laurence

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106105>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/