[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106105] Problems with cvs commit

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106105] Problems with cvs commit
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:41:53 +0000

> To sum up I think it's best to move the snapshots outside of the
> repository, and select a subset of snapshots you want to publish
> (the recent ones, one by month?) - either do it yourself or I can
> script some export locally at Savannah.

I've given this some thought, and the snapshots don't really need to be in
the CVS repository.  Nor is it important that I update my webpages before any
changes are made.  If it's a dead link, it will just be a dead link.  I've got
links to the server where they will remain;  the most recent one, that is.

Keeping every snapshot is unnecessary.  I could use the "named configuration"
feature, or whatever it's called.

To the best of my knowledge, I can't remove anything from the repository
completely;  I can only cause it to be put in the attic.  So, would you please
delete the snapshots?  You can remove the entire `SNAPSHOT' directory.  I
don't know whether it would be helpful for me to delete them first, so please
let me know if this is necessary.

Thanks,

Laurence

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106105>