[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106478] After committed to www project's (ww

From: Yavor Doganov
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:53:28 +0000

This is news to me, and I think there's some misunderstanding.  Ali was
complaining previously to trans-coord-discuss that his commits do not end up
as notifications.  I can only confirm that, and this is no default; it's
undesirable behavior that has no explanation.

Ideally, we'de want every commit to www to show up at address@hidden
(and so it happens, excpet Ali's and occasionally other's commits).  I
certainly rely on the list most of the time (rather than digging into CVS
history), and some translators depend on the notifications (for different
purposes) as well.

Is it possible that because of Ali's Savannah registered full name has
non-ASCII characters, log_accum.pl somehow doesn't manage to send  a message?
I think that's a bogus assumption, but I still can't explain myself why no
notification is sent, especially because "...sent." is printed only upon
success.

In my book this is certainly a bug; all commits should deliver to the
designed address, no matter what.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106478>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/