[savannah-help-public] [sr #108460] ease.js: git push --force

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108460] ease.js: git push --force
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:53:50 +0000

Thanks, Bob---this is taken care of; master is up-to-date and I was able to
push to the website branch successfully.

> people have tried to suppress previously released source code
> in this way. This is specifically disabled due to this reason.

Absolutely---I'm supportive of this policy.

> This is clearly bad for anyone that has already pulled a copy
> from Savannah previously. Rewinding public branches is a bad
> thing.

I agree; the situations in which I do it are if I happen to commit something
and immediately notice that there is a typo or missing file, so it's generally
within a brief period of time. That said, diligence is better, and I will be
exercising that instead now that ease.js has greater exposure and I'm not [one
of the] one one(s) hitting the repository.

Thanks for your help!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108460>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/