Re: [savannah-help-public] Wrong encoding in commit messages sent to gro

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Wrong encoding in commit messages sent to groff-commit
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:31:10 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Author: Ulrich Sp??rlein <address@hidden>
> > +2014-01-28  Ulrich Sp??rlein  <address@hidden>
>
> Have a look at the attched commit message e-mail.  It contains some
> mojibake, namely UTF-8 characters represented as Latin-1.
>
> Any chance that this gets fixed?  I can imagine that today it's a
> rather safe bet to assume UTF-8 encoding for commit messages...  Or
> maybe this could be adjusted in the project's script that sends commit
> messages.  Anyway: groff definitely uses UTF-8 :-)

The emacs elpa folks just requested to change their hook to the
git-multimail mailer hook.

  https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail

I just installed it for them just a few days ago.  Look at their new
commit diffs.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-elpa-diffs/2014-01/threads.html

Would you like to give git-multimail a try?

Bob