[savannah-help-public] [sr #108683] Where is the link to the "submit bug

From: Dale Worley
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108683] Where is the link to the "submit bug" page?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:53:09 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I must be overlooking something, but ...

I was directed to submit a bug via Savannah from another bug tracker.  I
assumed that this was no problem, because I have a Savannah account and I'd
used it before.  But I've had a devil of a time finding the link that takes me
to the "submit a bug" page.

To try to figure this out, I logged in (as user "worley") and then went to the
main page (https://savannah.gnu.org/) -- because surely everything that can be
done on the site must be accessible from the main page.  But after looking at
it fairly carefully, and searching for several potential keywords, I can't
find any link to the submit-bug function.

The one exception is the "Get Support" item under "Site Help" in the left-hand
navigation area, which sends me to the submit-bug function for
"administration".  I can doctor the link URL to get to submit-bug for man-db,
which is what I'm looking for.

Now I'm sure I'm wrong, nobody would omit a link to this primary function of a
bug tracker.  But it seems to be peculiarly hard to find the link.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108683>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/