Re: [savannah-help-public] Password rejected, advice contradicts documen

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Password rejected, advice contradicts documentation
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 14:30:14 -0700

Don't use a dot.  Use the module name.  What you had said before was correct:

> cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron

That is what you want.  The project name is the "module" cvs is
talking about there.

  cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron

> I tried my Savannah password and my key's passphrase and I was locked
> out again.

The ban time is 10 minutes if you fail 6 times in the last minute.
A high rate of failures looks like an attack.  But the ban is only for
ten minutes as a rate limit for rate limiting attacks.  It isn't a
hard lock.

> I'll try again later and I'll generate a new key too, just in case
> there's something wrong where maybe I have the wrong passphrase for
> the wrong key, though I don't recall making a second passphrase - if
> I had made two keys then they'd both use the same passphrase.

Try this:

  ssh cvs.savannah.gnu.org

If it says:

    ...Lots of login information about the system...
    ...then this below...
    You tried to execute:
    Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
    Connection to cvs.savannah.gnu.org closed.

Then it is working.  If you see other things then it is not.  However
when I look in the (limited) system logs I see that you have
successfully logged into the system.  Your pubkey was accepted.

Bob