[savannah-help-public] Password rejected, advice contradicts documentati

From: Jeff Mitchell
Subject: [savannah-help-public] Password rejected, advice contradicts documentation
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 13:14:35 +1300

Ok I've got the briefing on mail list etiquette and I know to hit reply all :)

Now, if the password used to access the 'web' directory for my project is my standard Savannah password, then why doesn't it work when I try to CVS into Savannah via command line? Bob says that passwords are blocked from accessing the cvs but in the documentation it says to use the [standard] 'web' password:

http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomepageUpload/

So I should be able to use this:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron

If I'm not meant to use a password then why does it ask for one? I've got my public key for ssh loaded into the ssh agent isn't that meant to authenticate me?