[Savannah-register-public] [task #5082] Submission of Hindawi Vernacular

From: Abhishek Choudhary
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5082] Submission of Hindawi Vernacular Programming System
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 05:52:27 +0530

Hi,

Great that you looked into the submission and replied so soon! Now I'll
address the issues raised by you:

> At first, "THIS DOCUMENT IS DISTRIBUTED UNDER GNU-GPL.V2 / GNU-
> LGPL.V2"
> Do you really mean Document or Software?
> At second, licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is
> problematic.
> Would you agree to license your project under the "GNU GPL v2
> or later"?

It should be software and not document (that's a slip), and "gpl v2 or later"
has been an omission (I'm great at research and algo design but lazy typing!).
I would appreciate it if, in your next message, you could also suggest
solutions to the problems that you identify. That shall be an immense help.
I'm appending to this message a possible copyright / license notice for my
files.
The files "copying" (GPL) is always included with the source code.

> Furthermore "Hindawi is free open source software" - do you
> mean "OpenSource" or "FreeSoftware" here? You cannot mix it.
> Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
> movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.

Hindawi is free software for which I'm also providing the source code. This
line will be modified to prevent confusion regarding its status. Please refer
to the new notice for the source code files appended later.

> Then "used for non-commercial purposes without paying fees" -
> the GPL/LGPL allow people also to use it for commercial
> purposes, so it's useless to limit people here.

Line will be deleted to prevent confusion.

> But your source code lacks license/copyright notices totally.
> In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
> under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-
> to-copy statements at the beginning of every file of source
> code.

How about the following notice for the source code. Copy pasted and edited
from GNU stuff!

/* Copyright (C) 2006  Abhishek Choudhary
This file is part of Hindawi Vernacular Programming System.

The Hindawi Vernacular Programming System is free software; you can
redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
Library General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
License along with the GNU C Library; see the file COPYING.LIB.  If
not, write to the, 1992 Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave,
Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.  */

Regards,
Abhishek

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5082>