Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7845] Submission of gcomposer

From: Franco Iacomella
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7845] Submission of gcomposer
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:30:11 -0700

2008/3/20, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:
> Hi,

Hi Sylvian,

>  You may want explain more about the GNU/Linux vs. Linux issue. Our
>  goal at Savannah is to teach people about our principles, rather than
>  coerce people into applying them ;)

I have made that in my first answer.

>  I think it's also better to recommend GNU/Linux and avoid recommending
>  several variants including GNU+Linux, this is likely to confuse the
>  project submitter.

I agree.

Proposal answer:
Hi again Cedric,
I checked the new version. I suggest to change the "Linux" to
"GNU/Linux" in any file, if they are referring to whole OS and not
just the kernel. As I told you, we ask to acknowledge our work in the
GNU Project. We want to emphatic freedom values and that's because is
important to give credit to the GNU Project or talk about Free
Software movement. Doing that, you help to inform others that those
values of freedom brought the system into existence.
You can get more information about this issue in this link:
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html.

The rest of your submission seems to be OK now. We wait for your answer.

Regards,

Franco Iacomella

Thanks,

Franco.