[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #9791] Submission of ForgePlucker

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #9791] Submission of ForgePlucker
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:55:50 -0400

Nicodemo Alvaro <address@hidden>:
> So why not revise to this:
>
> "ForgePlucker intends to produce simple tools to break projects out of the
> data jails that too many software forge sites have become."

I'm willing to do that, I guess.

> For the notice, Savannah wishes to play safe than sorry. Copyright is a
> complicated issue.

I know.  For a non-lawyer I'm pretty expert on it.  I've had to be.

>                If you wish to use that as your licensing notice, I was
> told we can ask address@hidden . That will obviously take some more time
> though.

There's no actual hurry, and I think it would be a good idea to establish
a precedent for inclusion of non-GPL licenses by reference.  S, yes,
go ahead and ask.  If you don;t have a copy of my explanation to
forward them, I can send you another. Copy me on the query?