[Savannah-users] Git advice sought.

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: [Savannah-users] Git advice sought.
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:53:03 -0700

Hi All,

I have a project versioned with GIT on Savannah.

If I add a submodule (say, referenced via a public URL, on some other site), and push it to the Savannah repo, can I tell the Savannah git repo to update the
submodule so that the submodule is cloned there also?

If so, will the .tar.gz downloading via the CGIT web front recurse into
and pick up the submodule?

I'm trying to decide whether I should reference a third party lib as a
submodule, or just replicate it in my tree.

I don't want to make a mess of my project by experimenting with this.

Thanks.