Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 18:35:28 +0530

On Monday 05 November 2012 11:13 PM, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:

Hi Gerardo Ballabio,

- do I have to use CVS in order to set up the home page or can I use
another VCS (say Subversion) or even no VCS at all?

I think, CVS is the only way to set up a project page at nongnu.org. There might be another way, but I am not aware of it.

- I suppose I could upload the code tarball to nongnu.org/galois as
well, but I see that a download area has been created on Savannah
(http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/galois/), I guess it's
better to upload there. How can I do that?

I am new to Savannah, I haven't figured how to post tar balls at the Download area.

Thanks.
--
rsiddharth
http://rsiddharth.ninth.su/