Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:22:16 +0100

2012/11/7 r. siddharth <address@hidden>:
> On Monday 05 November 2012 11:13 PM, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:
>
> Hi Gerardo Ballabio,
>

>> - do I have to use CVS in order to set up the home page or can I use
>> another VCS (say Subversion) or even no VCS at all?
>

> I think, CVS is the only way to set up a project page at nongnu.org. There
> might be another way, but I am not aware of it.

Savannah admin will answer that one,
but from the Savannah architecture diagram:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavannahArchitecture
(don't if it's up to date though) may be there is only a CVS synchronisation.

>> - I suppose I could upload the code tarball to nongnu.org/galois as
>> well, but I see that a download area has been created on Savannah
>> (http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/galois/), I guess it's
>> better to upload there. How can I do that?
>
> I am new to Savannah, I haven't figured how to post tar balls at the
> Download area.

You should find explanation here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea

--