Re: [Savannah-users] mailing list moderation

From: Jan Owoc
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:15:44 -0600

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jan Owoc wrote:
>> My Savannah project has three mailing lists, of which one is supposed
>> to be open to the public. The public-facing list, naturally, gets 5-15
>> spam messages a day. It also gets 1-2 "real" messages from the public
>> per year. I want to make sure that these ~2 messages actually make it
>> through to us.
>>
>> I've already disabled listhelper, but I still sometimes notice that
>> messages that should be awaiting my moderation (according to the daily
>> summary email) are not in the moderation queue. Other than listhelper
>> (which I'm sure I've disabled), is there any other automatic mailing
>> list filtering I should know about/disable?
>
> What is the name of the mailing list?  So that one of us doesn't add
> listhelper back into it because it isn't there.

The name of the list is www-pl-trans.

Most (all?) legitimate messages are in Polish, so I'm concerned that
automatic filtering is doing something unexpected. Specifically, there
is someone who would like to join the group, so we asked them to
introduce themselves on that list, but the email never went through to
the daily moderation mail.

Thanks,
Jan