Re: [Savannah-users] password must contain multiple character classes...

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] password must contain multiple character classes...
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 17:10:35 -0600

Ineiev wrote:
> It looks like the relevant files are
> frontend.sv.gnu.org:/var/www/savane/frontend/php/include/init.php
> frontend.sv.gnu.org:/var/www/savane/frontend/php/include/account.php
> (the repository being GIT of
> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/savane-cleanup).

+1.  I agree.  Those proposed changes look reasonable to me.

I am still learning the system so take this following only as an
observation from an outsider who is looking in.  While poking things
with a stick I see the following:

There seem to be several repositories associated with Savannah.
(These plus the Django Python rewrite.)

  git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/savane-cleanup
  git://git.sv.gnu.org/administration/savane

Note that "sv" is an alias for "savannah" and so any combination
difference with git.sv.gnu.org versus git.savannah.gnu.org isn't a
real difference.  But that still leaves the two repositories
savane-cleanup and administration/savane.

As far as I can see from looking the live copy is using the
administration/savane (git://git.sv.gnu.org/administration/savane)
repository.

I checked the 'git status' of the live instance and there are a small
handful of untracked files there, mostly manual backups and copies.
All of the tracked files are current and in sync.  No pending
differences.  Good!

I diff'd administration/savane and savane-cleanup and they are very
similar but not identical.  Here is the diffstat from savane to
savane-cleanup (meaning that some changes might be reversed and/or
forked).  It's a small number of files.

 AUTHORS                                     |    5 ---
 backend/Makefile.am                         |    1
 backend/accounts/sv_get_authorized_keys.in  |    3 +-
 frontend/php/account/lostpw.php             |    2 -
 frontend/php/account/register.php           |    4 +-
 frontend/php/css/Savannah.css               |   41 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 frontend/php/include/pagemenu.php           |   18 +++++++-----
 frontend/php/include/project_home.php       |    4 +-
 frontend/php/include/session.php            |    2 +
 frontend/php/include/trackers/format.php    |    4 +-
 frontend/php/include/trackers_run/index.php |   38 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 frontend/php/people/viewjob.php             |   10 ++++--

There weren't any differences between the two repositories concerning
the files for which you have proposed changes.  So everything you
propose applies equally to either.  But it seems to me that the
repository that needs your modifications is administration/savane.
Since that is the one that is actively running the site.

And if savane-cleanup is a fork then the improvements really need to
go into it too.  Does anyone know the status of that cleanup effort?

Bob