Re: [Savannah-users] Dead resource on your site

From: Matthew Carter
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Dead resource on your site
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 21:30:33 -0500

"Zangune" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings, this page:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5606
>
> is about the project approval and it is a completed task.
> As you noted, the link provided by harshavardhana
>
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/
>
> does not work anymore. Thanks to the internet archive
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/
>
> I found that the link became useless between April 10, 2015
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20150410045134/http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich/
>
> and May 25, 2015
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20150525095814/http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich
>
> If you want to let the reader to know about the broken link, you
> should add a comment, I will do that in your behave.
> I believe harshavardhana should be informed about that; to do so
> he/she can be contacted by using the Savannah messaging system here:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/users/harshavardhana
>
> again, I will do that for you.
> About the link proposed by Anna, I don't know where she get it, but
> the last working link on archive.org redirects to
>
> http://www.mpich.org/
>
> so I will add this to my comments, if you want to use another link,
> then add another comment.
> Regards

Pretty sure the link for wiht.link or whatever nonsense is SEO spam
(although they at least go to the effort to post what looks like a
legitimate article at the link's 301 redirect location).

I received a similar request to add a link to wiht.link on one of my
programming websites.

--
Matthew Carter (address@hidden)
http://ahungry.com