screen-devel

[screen-devel] Move hosting to GitHub? (was: Re: Extend windows command,

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: [screen-devel] Move hosting to GitHub? (was: Re: Extend windows command, introduce Xx string escape)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 09:31:07 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 09:13:14PM +0100, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> Would it be an idea to move the savannah code to github instead making it
> more visible and easy for more to contribute so we could get a new
> release?

I think getting a new release out is no question of more people who
contribute (code). It more a question of someone feeling responsible
as a release manager (or similar) _and_ thinking it's time for a new
release.

And IMHO it makes no difference where the code is primarily hosted for
that.

>From a political point of view, Savannah as GNU's own forge hosting is
IMHO clearly the better choice as it runs with free software and is
not run by a company.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)