Re: How much traffic is generated in split screen mode?

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: How much traffic is generated in split screen mode?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:43:38 -0700 (PDT)

Felix,

It's probably a function of whether your terminal
supports scroll regions.  If it does, then I imagine
screen should be able to configure scroll regions
and make use of them.  With scroll regions, the bandwidth
delta for a horizontal split should be zero or near
zero.  Do a google search if you want to know more
about scroll regions.

Screen gurus:  Does screen make use of scroll
regions in this way?  Seems like it can and should.

Regards,

--Joe