Re: local and remote screens

From: Pia Mikeal
Subject: Re: local and remote screens
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:35:17 -0500 (EST)

The best thing to do would be to detach the remote screen before you log out of the remote box instead of detaching only from your local machine. To detach from a screen within a screen, the command would be

^a a d
where ^ denotes the control key.

Then, when you log back into the remote machine from anywhere, you can simply type

screen -r

If for some reason, you forget to detach from the remote screen and so it is still attached to the local machine, tom, you can force it to detach from tom and attach to harry if you are logged in from harry, by typing

screen -D -R

I hope I understood your problem correctly and that this helps.