Re: Ping Packagers

From: Andrew Schulman
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:00:30 -0500

> Hello everyone. Are there any screen packagers on this list? I am
> contemplating a sort of a beta-release somewhat soon-ish (still
> non-trivial amount of work to do, though, so no ETA yet), and was
> thinking if this list is the best place to reach the packagers.

Hi.  I maintain screen in Cygwin and I do follow this list.

I have 4 patches for screen in Cygwin.  Some are simple, but one is long
and its origin is lost in the dim mists of time.  In the past it was
required in order to get screen to work in Cygwin, but with Cygwin 1.7 it
may no longer be needed.  I haven't tried recompiling without it yet.

That's just FYI.  I don't see any particular need to incorporate those
patches upstream, since they're Cygwin-specific.

Andrew.