Re: Ping Packagers

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:01:05 -0800

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Brian Kroth <address@hidden> wrote:
> So long as we're considering some changes, can I petition to have the
> default MAXWIN increased from 40 to 99 (or higher)?
>
> We have a screenrc for our ssh bastion host that sets up >40 ssh
> sessions by default and we always end up recompiling screen to support
> this.

Hi Brian-

I have no say in what goes in upstream, but if you can demonstrate (or
tell me) that changing this value doesn't cause regression elsewhere,
I don't have a problem carrying such a patch in Ubuntu.  If you
specifically want this in the Ubuntu screen package, please file a bug
at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/screen/+filebug.

But ideally, upstream would sign off on this, and integrate it into
the next release, if it's reasonable ;-)

Cheers,
:-Dustin