self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] Install questions

From: alpesh gajbe
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Install questions
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:37:21 +0530

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:00 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I have updated my copy of selfApp, and following the install instructions
>  I have completed the product installation in my local instance. However
>  when I try to access the material section and add a collection I get this
>  error:

>   Module None, line 5, in getCatStruct
>    - <FSPythonScript at /self/getCatStruct>
>    - Line 5
>   Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 232, in __call__
>    - __traceback_info__:
>
> (('/home/matiasb/SelfInstance/var/GB/self/gbobjecttypes/C/o/CourseCategory/coursecategorystruct',),
>  {}, None)
>   Module
>  /home/matiasb/SelfInstance/Products/selfApp/Extensions/addData.py, line
>  583, in unpklcat
>
>  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>
> '/home/matiasb/SelfInstance/var/GB/self/gbobjecttypes/C/o/CourseCategory/coursecategorystruct'
>

>  Another problem I had before was with djview_* postgres views references
>  in the code. During my db creation it wasn't created any view with that
>  prefix. I changed them to just view_*. Is that correct?

could you do a fresh installation because as far as djview_* is
concerned they are present in the versions of gnowsys-pg which is not
present inside the selfApp version please do a checkout from

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnowsys co gnowsys-pg

and please refer to the latest version of the self-doc.html
documentation present at

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/self-platform co self-platform

I have updated them just a few minutes back I am extremely sorry for
the inconvience.
Please let me know if there are any problems.

With Regards
Alpesh